Price: Varies, but can be completed for under $50
Time: Under 30 min.
Hot Cocoa Mix
(Detailed list below!)
The holidays are hereeee and I’ve got the spirit! 2020 has been a big crap hole, let’s just be real and start there. I’m an optimist but even I, have to take note of the changes we’ve all seen and experienced this year.
But I refuse to lose my holiday spirit because of it and actually, I believe it brought about an increase in the pursuit of holiday joy for me. As the baby of my family, living 500 miles from my Mom and states away from my Dad are major buzzkills. Being a single woman, I spend a lot of time alone (which I loveeee!…but can also hate at times), so the holidays are huge for me. After losing my Grandfather this year and being away from my family more due to COVID, I wanted to put a little extra sparkle and joy into the holiday season and decided to go back and upgrade a little project I did some years back and man did it get an upgrade!
When it’s a bit chilly out, nothing soothes more than a hot glass of velvety hot chocolate for me! And being the fancy gal I am, I don’t just like any old hot chocolate – gimme the deluxe! The marshmallows, the salted caramel, throw a bit of whiskey in there, and don’t skimp on the whipped cream! With this craving building, I knew what I had to do.
DIY Hot Chocolate Station. Obviously the only answer.
Why didn’t I just go get a pack of hot cocoa and go about my day? I wish someone asked me that question weeks ago but if they did, we may not be here right now!
In prepping the project, I actually emptied my interior Bar Cart leaving me with 3 levels for some chocolate overload. Everyone’s Hot Chocolate Station may be a bit different depending on your tastes, the toppings and treats are all up to you!
- Coffee Mugs – $5 Each @ Target
- Irish Coffee Mugs – $1 Each @ Dollar Tree
- Peppermint Shot Glasses – $1 Each @ Dollar Tree (hidden behind the mugs!)
- Glass Jars – $1 Each @ Dollar Tree
- Stockings – $2 each @ Five Below
- Gold Reindeer – $1 Each @ Dollar Tree
- 9-ft Pre-Lit Garland – $10 @ Target (Sale item)
- Black Santa Nutcracker – $10 @ Target
- Wreath – $7 @ Trader Joe’s
- Cart & Cake Plate – Already Owned
- Candy Canes
- Peppermint Marshmallows – $1.29 @ Trader Joe’s
- Themed Marshmallows – Dollar Tree
- Hershey’s Kisses – $1.95 @ Big Lot’s
- Chocolate/Salted Caramel Spoons – $1 Each @ Target
- Chocolate/Peppermint & Chocolate/Marshmallow Stirrer Sticks – $1 Each @ Target
- Peppermint Spoons – Dollar Tree
- Chocolate Wafer Sticks – Dollar Tree
- 3 versions of sprinkles – $1.98 @ Walmart
- Dark Chocolate Cocoa Sticks – $3.29 @ Trader Joe’s
- Salted Caramel Cocoa – $2.50 @ Big Lot’s (On sale!)
- Cocoa Variety Pack – $2 @ Big Lot’s (On Sale!)
- Double Chocolate
- French Vanilla
- Peppermint Mocha
- Salted Caramel Kahlua, Crown Royal & Tito’s Vodka
- Condensed Milk – Dairy & Almond versions
What would be on your Hot Chocolate Station Cart?!