Now, when you say the name of this recipe, I need you to be sure to hold the “e”. It’s not, “Kale Yeah!”, it’s “Kaleeeee Yeah!” It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t put some emphasis on it.
I’ve been cravinggg meatballs, I’m not sure why but it’s been a few months. Why didn’t I just go somewhere and buy an Italian dinner, you ask? Because I’m weird. I have this quirk… I don’t like red pasta sauce mixed unless I personally mix it myself… Please don’t judge me. It tastes different! Even my mom, who knows I’d never even think of sassin’ her, knows I WILL NOT eat spaghetti mixed before it hits my plate.
Particular quirks like that, led me to cooking my own food. Because no one was listening to my weird requests or denials, lol.
Now that you know that about me. That’s what led to me making my Kaleeeee Yeah Turkey Meatballs!
Quick, cheap and delicious, these meatballs hit the SPOT! (Minus any guilt!)
Yields: 8 Large Meatballs, 1-2 people
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
* 1/2lb. Ground Turkey
* 6 oz Chopped Green Kale (I used a handful!)
* 1 Egg
* 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs or Ground Crackers (do what you gotta do!)
* 1/2 tsp. Oregano
* 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper
* 1/4 tsp. Basil
* 1 tsp. Salt
* 1/4 tsp. Pepper
* 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
* 1/4 Onion, minced
* 1/4 cup Chicken or Veggie Broth
* 2 tbsp Olive Oil
* Parmesan Cheese (Shaved or Grated Fresh is best!)
* Parsley, to garnish
(If you want to make more meatballs, feel free to convert the measurements!)
1. Preheat oven to 400* and spray baking pan/foil with cooking spray
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat, once heated, add in onions, garlic and mixed spices. Sautée until onions are soft, about 5-6 min.
3. Add kale onion mixture, then add broth, mix well. Cook on medium until liquids are evaporated.
4. In a separate large bowl, combine ground turkey, shaved cheese, egg and breadcrumbs together.(feel free to use a spoon if need be but I used to my hands, no shame in my game!)
5. Add kale/onion mixture to bowl, continue to mix well with your hands.
6. With your hands, gently form meatballs in the size of your choosing, I made mine quite large. Place meatballs on baking tray with a little space between each.
7. Place in oven and cook for 20-30 min., depending on your oven settings.
8. Let cool, top with Parsley and serve how you’d like!