How have I lived so long without Stuffed Peppers in my life? I mean, I had heard of them but for some reason, they were seemingly a myth in my recipe book and I’m not certain why. But I have been delivered!! And now understand the wonders of Stuffed Peppers.
Peppers and Onions are essential to pretty much every meal possible lol They easily add an alluring scent, bring about beautiful pops of color and balance any flavor perfectly, so there’s no surprise that a FULL pepper would do anything less for my appetite.
This meal is absolutely perfect for solo meals, date nights or family dinners! Quick and easy to make with tons of room for variety when it comes to your stuffing. Being a lover of Southwestern food, I’ve started making my Stuffed Peppers Tex Mex style with all the spicy kick and zest I’m always craving!
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Cost to Make: $12!
6 Assorted Bell Peppers (Medium or Large)
1 lb. of Ground Beef or Turkey
1 cup of Rice
1 can of Black Beans
1 can of Corn
1/4 diced Yellow Onion
1 small can of Chilies or Jalapenos
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Use as much as your heart desires!)
Seasonings: Trader Joes Chili Lime, Salt, Pepper, Cilantro
*Sour Cream and/or Guacamole to Serve
- Prepare rice according to instructions; Set aside until ready for use
- Bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil in a large pot
- Slice stems/heads off of Peppers, scoop out seeds and leave in tact; Add peppers to boiling water for 5-7 min or until slightly tender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare Ground Turkey/Beef according to instructions
- Add onions, rice, corn, black beans, chilies and cheese to ground beef/turkey mixture; mix thoroughly
- Place boiled peppers in a deep casserole dish, gently stuff with filling
- Garnish (aka COVER) Stuffed Peppers in a top layer of cheese 🙂
[If you have leftover filling, toss it in a salad or a quick Quesadilla like I do!]