So my mom called me a few weeks before Memorial Day letting me know that she and my Stepdad planned to come and visit me during the holidays, yay! I rarely get out of town visitors to my apartment, so I was extremely excited, especially because of who was coming! Knowing that I was still hosting on a budget, I still wanted to do all I could to make sure they were comfortable during their stay.
I did the usual: Fresh linens, soaps, all that jazz. But I need something more… something that made me look like I, perhaps, had my life together.
My solution? Welcome Baskets!
I gathered some of my Mom and Step-Dads favorite things and readied them for their arrival!
What I put in the Baskets!
- Doublemint Gum – My moms fave
- San Pelligrino Lemon Water
- Snacks: M&Ms, Cheez-Its, Oreos, Granola Bars, etc.
- Toiletries: Tissues, Soap, Toothpaste, Mouthwash – My mother never forgets toiletries! But I made this for good measure.
- A bottle of one of my moms favorite wine choices – (I blogged about it in my Wine on a Dime post)
Not only did they love the baskets, (my Step-Dad ate allll of the snacks along with my Sister who surprised me by coming along!) but every item was purchased at The Dollar Tree besides the wine!!
In Total I paid:
- Wine – $6
- Baskets – $2/both
- Toiletries – $5
- Snacks – $7
My family absolutely loved them and I can’t wait to create a few more for future guests!
This is such a cute idea!
Thank you! Try it out and let me know how it goes!!!